The Magic of Grapefruit Seed Extract
Have you ever tried grapefruit? This fruit is super healthy for you, and so are the seeds!
Texas grows some of the best grapefruits I’ve ever had: plump, tart, and juicy with just enough sweetness to make your mouth water. While grapefruits are easily one of my favorite fruits, and packed with vitamin C and virus fighting nutrients, the seeds pack a powerful, healthy punch as well. Sure, they always end up thrown away in my kitchen, but there’s a supplement called Grapefruit Seed Extract (#GSE) available at almost any health market.
Grapefruit Seed Extract has potent antioxidant properties and phytonutrients called bioflavonoids. This makes GSE a perfectly natural immune booster and disease-fighting agent. What makes GSE so special is that it not only contains compact vitamin C, but sterols, tocopherols, citric acid, limonoids, and other trace minerals.
The best part about everything GSE brings to the table is it is a natural remedy for things we tend to buy processed, like cleaning supplies, medications, illness treatments, and disinfectants. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that GSE was able to kill over “800 bacterial and viral strains, 100 strains of fungus and a large number of single and multi-celled parasites.” If it’s possible to do all of that with something that came out of the ground, why, oh why do we even bother with store bought products?
The problem begins when we buy mostly processed, chemically created products marketed for fast, easy results without any warning that they could be harmful to your health and the environment. Change starts with information! Take this gift from the earth that can hold its own in a natural, healthy light when it comes to getting the job done. If GSE has been shown useful and perfectly effective as a pre-surgical soap, I think it can take care of us on a regular basis also.
20 USES FOR GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT:
• Antiviral and antifungal properties
• Possibly contains anti-cancer properties
• Promotes the healing of wounds and scar tissue
• Excellent remedy for toenail fungal infections
• Treatment for sinus, vaginal, and skin infections
• Environmentally-friendly fruit and vegetable wash for removing toxins from produce
• Effective preventative for Candida and other forms of yeast infections
• Stops harmful intestinal organisms in their tracks, including Giardia, without reducing levels of healthy bowel flora
• Acts as a natural preservative for cosmetics and other products
• Can be used to purify water
• Could replace chlorine in swimming pools, public baths, water, and sewage treatment centers
• Possibly contains antibiotic activity
• Rejuvenates health by bringing the body back towards an alkaline state that balances pH levels from an unhealthy acidic level
• Great general immune system booster
• Natural germ killer and preventative for food borne illnesses
• Useful with pets both internally and externally for illness, gum disease, skin infections, and fleas
• Try it out in the garden as a cleaning agent for tools, as well as a great bug and plant spray
• Indoor surface cleaning agent and soap additive for antimicrobial and antiviral effects